Monday, October 21, 2013

I have not been good at getting out the information for Ashley.  I will do better.
Mailing address for Ashley while she is in the MTC for those who would like to write or send packages.

Sister Ashley Lynn Hanks
NOV19  ARG-SAL
2025 N 900 E Unit 933
Provo UT 84602

Part of Sister Hanks first letter home.

So many things to say and so little time!

My first week in the MTC feels like both an eternity and the blink of an eye! My companion's name is Hermana Griffiths and she is a lot like Kelsie. Very quiet at first, and then... BA-BAM! From the moment we've began class our teacher, Hermano Zuzunaga, has yet to speak a lick of English. Esta bien. I'm doing decent at learning the language. My zone is awesome. Apparently me, my companion, and the two other sisters in our district are the first sisters they have had in months. The first few days were very overwhelming. We had our first lesson with a mock investigator on Friday and it was very, very stressful. All of the sisters were crying afterwards. To top it off our entire zone called us in for a zone meeting under the premise on of our missionaries was getting sent home. (Muy mal!) So we went in with all of the elders looking rather aggrieved when suddenly they all broke out into song! Very very loud Spanish song! And.... All of the sisters had a breakdown. We couldn't stop laughing. Or crying... All at the same time! It was pretty great though. Things have been getting better since then. Sundays are the best thing ever! So since I am a Spanish speaking sister I am here for six weeks, and I am living on the West Campus, which is pretty great because our residences are nicer, and more like apartments. Everything is much more open to the air and apparently the food is better.

Elder Ammon Hanks is on the main campus, but luckily I ran into him on Tuesday during choir practice for devotional.:) We were both so excited! We were so frustrated because we didn't know if we were allowed to hug or not, because we are cousins. My companion said it was allowed, so we did... If she was wrong... Well... Oops. We talked a lot and it was awesome. We were addressed by Elder Oaks.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment