Wednesday, November 20, 2013

SEMANA... UHM... FINAL!!!!

So I give up on numbers, but first of all I think you should all know THAT MY VISA WENT THROUGH AND I'M OFF TO THE FIELD ON MONDAY!!!! WOOOOOOT VOY A LA ARGENTINAAAA!!!!!

*smooths skirt* Back to business. So, I'm getting rather lazy as it goes with trying to remember everything that is going on lately, my apologies. In my defense, at the moment my life is in essence wake up, eat, study, class, teach, sleep, repeat. 

In the MTC things are a weird combination of all one and yet somehow all the other at the same time. You feel like you've been here forever, and yet you feel like you just got here. You feel like you've learned nothing, then you look back at where you started. Everything is so simple, yet so hard. You feel so unprepared for the field, yet you are soooo ready just to get out of here and get to work! It's hard to explain. You have no time yet at the same time... No that one is basically straight forward. Your schedule is filled to the brim.

I've come to terms with the fact that six weeks won't make me into Super Hermana. I've done my best and worked my hardest, the rest will come in the field with much work. So this past week has been fairly uneventful in terms of things I can report that won't be much of the same. Entonces, this will basically be my "Things I Learned From the MTC" email!

1. The gift of tongues doesn't just happen. No doubt about it, it's real, but you can't always just ask for it and suddenly speak fluent Spanish. You still have to work for it, and sometimes it seems really hard and you feel like you're learning nothing... Until you see how far you've come and realize that the rate you are learning and comprehending is nothing even remotely close to average. People spend months learning what we've learned in a few weeks. That would not be possible without the Lord.

2. You have literally no time to email in a satisfactory manner. (forever bitter)

3. Living with a companion is hard, but not that hard. Maybe I'm just weird like that.

4. I've learned to love study time.

5. Still working on keeping it simple when teaching.

6. MTC is not the mission. But I'm still so glad I have it.

7. Sitting at home eating is pleasant.

8. L. Tom Perry is very tall.

This list is getting tedious. But yes, we got the opportunity to listen to Elder L. Tom Perry! That man is wonderful. He spoke on being where you are supposed to be and taking care of your companion. What I took from this week is that even when things are hard, they are not nearly as hard as they would be without the Lord. He is always with me. He loves me. I am his precious daughter and I am doing his work. I testify these things are true.

Well, next time you all here from me I will be in Argentina! Buenos suertes to you all, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment