Man...
I've already been in the MTC for a little over a month. That's crazy. I
leave in TWO WEEKS!!! I'm both excited and at the same time freaked
out, because once I'm out of here that is when the real work begins. Now
let us see... Anything eventful?
Well,
as a prelude, in my zone we have a tradition where we don't really talk
to the new district until the Friday after they arrive. That Friday
they are initiated when that night they are called in for a "zone
meeting" and informed that someone in the zone is "going home.";) After
we get them sufficiently worried everybody starts shouting this Spanish
hymn called "Placentero nos es trabajar", with everyone dropping into
shouts and the elders climbing into ear-shattering falsettos. Between
each verse everybody screeches, "MAS!
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
*gasp*
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAPIDOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
It
is basically the best thing ever. And thus the new district is welcomed
into the zone! So this past week we got a new district of all elders,
and I was designated as the one who was going home. I had way too much
fun. All those years of theater have finally paid off! The elders looked
skeptical.... Up until the point I started sobbing, with real tears!
Sold it!
At any rate, it was a lot of fun, and I had way too much fun doing it. Although, I did feel a little guilty.
Let
us see... I have the best zone, and especially the best district ever!
Everybody is just so strong, and we know how to have fun, but when we
settle down for discussions and lessons it's just... Awesome! This one
elder, every time he opens his mouth the Spirit just... WHOOOOSH! Ha ha
our poor elders, putting up with us emotional sisters.;) It'll be so
strange not to have all these people in my zone/district, not to mention
having a new companion. I can scarcely imagine it! Still, it'll be
good.
Our
teacher is pretty much the hardest teacher EVER. He does not coddle us
in any sense of the word. Still, I'm sure we will all be immeasurably
grateful for that once we get in the field.
We get L. Tom Perry for devotional next week!!!!:D So I am pretty excited for that....
Let's
see... The highlight of my week might very quite possibly be TRC. My
companion and I taught about faith in Christ. It went really well.
Still, why can't teaching our "investigators" (read: teachers) be so
smooth as teaching the members in TRC?
For
me the most spiritual experience this week was when my companion and I
were teaching our investigator and I went to testify of the Atonement. I
pretty much lost it. I talked about how through the Atonement Christ
didn't just take upon Himself our sins, but also every pain, challenge,
sickness, and sorrow we have ever experienced. This is an aspect of the
Atonement I think we sometimes overlook. No one understands and loves us
better than Christ. If you are ever going through life thinking you are
alone, and nobody understands how you feel, just remember that Christ
does. He experienced it all, and all because He loves you. I'm reminded
of the soldier who lost his ear when Peter was trying to defend Christ
following Gethsemane. When that happened, and Christ healed him, Christ
had felt the exact pain of that soldier losing his ear. He knew his
name. As He suffered the physical abuse and mockery of those who
crucified them I can imagine that Christ knew every face, and every pain
they have ever faced. Though they reviled against him and treated him
so cruelly, He understood them perfectly. And he still loved each and
every one of them. I testify that Christ atoned for our sins because He
loves us all. I know that through that Atonement we can repent and have
eternal life.
I love you all, until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment