Oh
my, pardon for all of you who may or may not have been worrying that I
killed over or some such when you didn´t receive a letter this last
time. The thing is, with Christmas we had P-day the day of. Also, I got
to talk to my family, but I didn´t get to email, so yeah.
Thank you for all of your holiday wishes, they made me happy! I do really enjoy hearing from everybody.:)I HAD MY FIRST BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup, his name is Braulio. He was actually in Santiago Central being taught by some of the Elders with his girlfriend, but we found out that he lived in our area. So basically he was our Christmas present. The baptism in itself is a miracle.
When we got to the chapel the font wasn´t filled and the water wasn´t working, so, we had to go behind the chapel with buckets and fill it by hand with water that wasn´t exactly clean. But hey, we can baptize in rivers, so that´s not the most important part anyways!
Later, Braulio sent us a text that said he was really busy and it was possible that he would need to postpone his baptism... Not to mention we already had to move his interview to the day of the baptism because he was sick the day of the interview. So we called him and convinced him to come a little later. The interview and the baptismal service all passed in about an hour total. And it was crazy, but great.
We didn´t really get to bask long before we had to rush to the hospital again to see Hermana Brown who was not doing to hot. That and I went on splits with another new missionary. It was really cool, while we were in her area we were talking with a guy who really wasn´t interested in religion. But, by the end of the lesson he was asking where the chapel was and set up an appointment. Just goes to show how the Spirit can really touch hearts.
I´ve really discovered this week how sometimes the Lord works in our lives in ways we sometimes can´t see. The other new missionary I mentioned was really stressing out because it was her first time without her senior companion. She confided her fears and I discovered that her concerns were the same as mine when I was thrown into the fire my first few divisions, because of that I was able to help her. I may be having challenges now, but I know that there is a purpose to all of it.
You shall all be interested to know that I am struggling to speak English. When I called my family my mouth couldn´t decide if it wanted to speak Spanish or English! Crazy. Gift of Tongues. Best thing ever.
It was weird, Christmas just kind of came and went. It really isn´t a very grand affair here. Maybe because everybody is hiding from the sun?
Well, not much time to talk about two weeks... But love you all, until next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment