Well,
hello again everybody. I apologize that my emails have been kind of
spasmodic and frantic lately. Don´t have much time, so I´ll keep it
brief.
First of all, I love you all very very much.
Second, this week has been crazy, but unfortunatly fairly
uneventful missionary wise. This is why. Basically the same as the week
before. The holidays, and we have a sick Hermana in the apartment, and
need to help take care of her. Also, we had a tornado.
Well I´m very excited about one of my investigators right now.
Her name is Lourdes, we´ve been working with her husband for a while,
and he´s pretty hard, but we have faith he can change. Ah, but Lourdes, I
love love love her enthusiasm. We came by the other day and she was
very animated, talking about how she´d been reading the scripture
references on the back of the pamphet about the gospel, and wants to
start a study journal, bless her baby in sacrament meeting... We hope to
baptise her soon and that Ricardo will soften up.
... Oh, do you all want to hear more about the tornado? Well,
I´m not 100% sure it was actually a tornado, but that´s what everybody
has been saying. We couldn´t leave the apartment for the storm. We
didn´t have water or light until the next morning (others in the
neighborhood weren´t so lucky). We had a lot of rain and wind. The
street was a river. My companion was very anxious to work, so when the
rain let up with left, rainboots about us, and started for our area...
Oh man, what a disaster! Signs, large trees, lightposts, all fallen
down, everywhere! About fifteen minutes after leaving it started to dump
rain again. So we frantically returned to the apartment, not wanting to
end up like the trees, soaking wet. Then we left again later but had to
go back because there was no electricity and therefore no light in the
streets. Yeah...
So we had a blessed day of chill. It´s back to searing hot
again. Love you all and hope to have more to report this coming week.
Chao!
No comments:
Post a Comment