In case anybody hasn´t figured it out yet, my new P-day is a Monday.
Man,
oh man, is it hot. How are you all enjoying winter? Or at least temperate weather? Heh heh Hermana Aguirre is always after me about
using my umbrella when we are out and about during the day, so I don´t
get heat stroke.
Whelp,
I´m learning, still learning. A lot of the routine stuff still hasn´t
clicked, but I´ve still improved in the language and everything else.
Phew.
Teaching
lessons is by far the best part of my day, generally speaking. And, ah,
what an emotional roller coaster ride it can be! Joy when your
investigators keep their commitments and progress, then the opposite
when they don´t. Agh, you get so frustrated when they don´t read the
Book of Mormon, or attend church (we must contend with the early hour,
the ridiculous heat, and often times distance with that one), praying,
and other commitments. Because when they don´t they aren´t progressing,
aren´t recieving the blessings of these simple tasks...
That
being said, ha ha, don´t forget to do those simple things everybody!
Reading, praying, church... These are the little things we tell
investigators to do everyday to help them come to the waters of baptism
and endure to the end. These are basic gospel principles, primary
answers. The fact is, if you are not doing these things, you aren´t
going to progress. These three things are the doorway to personal
revelation! So, do it! Let it be a compromise for you.;)
The
progress of Yesica is coming along nicely, she is usually very willing
about keeping her commitments. We hope to baptize her and her husband
soon.
I
have a testimony of asking for references. One day we asked Yesica and
encountered a family of eight women with lots of questions. During the
first discussion, Fanny, the abuela, said something along the lines of,
¨Oh! I feel such peace, what these chicas are saying is true!¨
We
have a family, the familia Miranda, who finally attended church this
Sunday. The bishop had asked me to bear my testimony in sacrament
meeting that day. I really really hope it touched their hearts and they
continue to progress.
Ha
ha my companion is wonderful, and I really hope to be able to help her
out more as I learn. Her name is Hermana Aguirre, and she is from Peru.
She is very funny, but also very responsible and collected.
I almost have a full month in the field now! Luck to me, and luck to all of you. Love you all! Hasta luego!
No comments:
Post a Comment